Working at the Meath Epilepsy Charity
If you have been considering a career in the care sector and would like to know more about working for the Meath Epilepsy Charity, then do please contact Dawn Bromely, HR Assistant at email@example.com or telephone 01483 415095 for an informal discussion about the opportunities available.
Although we have a number of departments, the majority of positions advertised at the Meath are within our care teams and comprise of both early and late shifts. Experience is desirable but not essential as training is provided, but enthusiasm and a desire to make a difference is a must. As well as contracted positions, we operate a pool of bank staff who work ‘as required’ giving them choice and flexibility with hours.
- Info for Applicants
We currently have a number of vacancies and are looking for:
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Meath Epilepsy Charity is a well-established charity with strong community links whose aim is to enhance the lives of people who have complex epilepsy and related disabilities by ensuring they receive the support, expert care and encouragement required to build confidence, acquire new skills and maximise independence in their daily lives.
Based in leafy grounds in Godalming, the Meath offers a friendly, encouraging home and community to its residents through the provision of specialist residential care, supporting housing and home support, as well as access to a wide range of activities. Its services are rated as Outstanding by CQC. This work is made possible by a dedicated, passionate and expert team of staff, volunteers and supporters.
The Meath also runs two highly innovative and successful social enterprises – Changing Perceptions and ARTHOUSE Meath, which showcase residents’ work in furniture restoration and the creative arts.
The Meath is now seeking an inspirational leader with a real passion for their work who can ensure the Meath continues to be a byword for excellence in care services.
The successful candidate will be:
- an established senior leader in an organisation of comparable scale and complexity
- experienced in building strong, high-performing teams
- experienced in overseeing significant and/or complex financial budgets, including delivering consistently on financial targets
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role, and details on how to apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please contact Jenny Hills at Harris Hill Executive Search on 0207 820 7321.
Closing date for applications: 9.00 am Monday 5th June 2017
# 9 Support Workers
We offer a 3 week induction programme, ongoing training, on-site gym, pension scheme, health care scheme, days out with the residents and resident’s holidays.
Please contact Dawn Bromley on 01483 415095 or email@example.com for a detailed job description and application form.
In order to consider your application we will need:
- A completed application form – do not leave any blank sections and provide as much information as possible. If you wish, you may include a covering letter and/or CV. Remember to tell us why you are applying.
- Applicants for care positions may be required to work a trial shift as part of the selection process.
- If you do not hear from us within six weeks of sending us your application, please assume that you have not been successful at the shortlisting stage.
Offers of employment are subject to :
- an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Check. The Meath is required to obtain a DBS Check for all staff, which is paid for by the Charity. However if the applicant leaves within the three month trial period, it will be deducted from the final salary. Due to the nature of the work, all posts at the Meath are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. We require all applicants to complete a declaration form allowing any issues to be discussed as soon as possible.
- two references satisfactory to the Meath.
- successful completion of a three-month trial period.
The Meath Epilepsy Trust is committed to equal opportunities.
Our teams in the Skills & Enterprise Centre and Arthouse Meath welcome people with transferable skills who are interested in volunteering.
Perhaps you have a few spare hours during the week and would like to help out in the ARTHOUSE Meath shop. Or maybe you have transferable skills and would like to assist with one of the many activities offered in the Skills Centre? You could be a student working towards your Duke of Edinburgh Award or looking for interesting work experience.
People volunteer for a whole variety of reasons, but we are delighted that many of them choose the Meath to benefit from their generosity. It makes a great deal of difference in the lives of our clients every day!
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact
If you would prefer an informal discussion about the various volunteering opportunities available, please call us on 01483 415095.